If you get the error in your R4i-SDHC cartridge stating “Menu?”
Do not be alarmed. There could be two reasons why you are getting this error message.
1. The R4i-SDHC cannot find the correct system files loaded on the microSD card.
2. Your microSD card is broken and the R4i-SDHC cannot read it. (this is very rare)
To fix this, you just need to load the proper system files to your microSDHC from the correct location.
Steps to fix it
1. Go to R4i-sdhc.com and download the proper system files for your card. For most users, that would be the system files for your R4i-SDHC 3DS
2. Unzip the R4i-SDHC###.zip
3. Load the files you just unzipped to your microSDHC card
Here is a video that really shows step by step on how to do this